Wednesday, June 18, 2008

AWESOME DUBAI PALM ISLANDS!!!

hi. my uncle (Helvetian) sent me some pictures of these reeealy interesting palm islands in Dubai where I think Gnome comes from??? they are like really cool and they are basically these massive fern/ palm thing off the side of Dubai , that looks like skulls and they are building houses and a massive city/ town out there!!! it's really scary, and apparently you can see them from space!!! here is a photo that Helvetian sent me-

really amazing aye???!!! In that photo you can't see it from the top so here is a photo taken from the top-









amazing aye??? it's so cool.=]

here is some more info on palm islands in Dubai in my own words: The palm islands are artificial islands located off the coast of The United Arab Emirates in the Persian Gulf in Dubai.
There are two of these islands made in Dubai and they are made of approximately 100 million cubic meters of rock and sand!!! thats alot aye!
All of this has been built in the last 5 years!!!
These are the largest artificial islands in the world and can be seen from space!!!

This photo here underneath this writing is a photo of 300 artificially created island in the shape of the world.These world islands are in Dubai=]

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed this post!!! Bye=]

References- Some of the pictures-http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=dubai+palm+islands&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2 Some of the information-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Islands

BYE

5 comments:

Rhys Abrahams said...

Far out, that's really amazing! When I find some time I'm definitely going to research some more information for myself about these islands! How much did it cost them to build? Why? Do you have any links to other websites with more info?

I wonder if I wait long enough whether the discovery channel will do a special on them...

Rhys Abrahams said...

PS, yep those are my kids, pics a few years old though. Dev's 8 and Alex is 6 now! Time goes fast.

I_luv_animals_AKA_ashymashy said...

wow thats cooly bananas tree palms (get it banana tree palms)yeah that is totally amazing it must be so hard to do that aye what do you think(mr.a dont tell be your kids or other peoples bad its in the cyber saftey agreement so we do what it thinks its right so that were or other people arent in danger sorry to be such a brag=)

Intrepid Tiger said...

I've heard about them.
Apparently it costs $1,000,000 a flat. :D

the unknown said...

I might be moving to dubai next year!
So we might go visit the palm islands when where there.

If we did go to dubai we would have to learn a whole new language.

Can you believe that me speaking arabic! thats just weak.

PS. check out my blog (both of them)